Friday, June 15, 2012

Magic Hour in Bintan Island

As it is the June School holidays, my wife and I had booked a 3 days stay in our neighbouring country, Indonesia Bintan Lagoon  resort.
Had a good time there and spent good quality time bonding with my children through games and kids activities. As for my photography equipment, when such trip comes, I am always happy that my system is the m4/3. These tiny system can be packed in my waist pouch and excess lens in my kids diaper bag. I brought the EPM-1, 20mm, 7.5mm fisheye and 14-42mm lens there. The G1 and 45mm were kept at home.

I had some time to capture the sunrise and sunset in the resort too. It require some last min preparation as I need to check the compass direction and waking up in the wee hours in the morning to capture the sunrise. These magic hour shots are done by EPM-1, 7.5mm fisheye and mounted a small flexi tripod. With a small camera and large sensor like the EPM-1, a smaller tripod is possible. ISO is kept at 200 and use a small aperture setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...