Thursday, December 27, 2012

Japanese Cemetery in Singapore

This December was a busy month for me. My kids and wife (who is a teacher) are having holidays. I got to plan time for them and also my insurance business. It was the year end to meet my goals my business but thank God that everything went well.

I had an appointment with one of clients and he mentioned that there is a Japanese cemetery in Singapore, near Serangoon Gardens way. After the appointment and thankfully I had also open some investment plans with him, I went back and do a google. Found out that this cemetery is a public park now and is located in one of the private estate in Serangoon. It was originally a rubber plantation owned by a Japanese in the late 1800s. It was later used for burial ground for Japanese living here during the old days and also after the Japanese occupation in Singapore. This is the largest Japanese cemetery in Southeast Asia.

This location , I found out was also feature in the "old romances" by Royston Tan's follow-up of the "Old Places" where his video feature some of the charming places in Singapore.

After doing the search and using my good Nokia smart phone to navigate (ok , it's Samsung and Iphone ruling the world now. However Nokia GPS guidance system is one of the best and easy to use. The best thing is it is free.) I found the place.

Here are shots taken by EM-5 Olympus with 55mm f2.8 Russian lens, Tamron 90mm f2.5 and 14mm/20mm panny lens.

1) At the entrance (20mm)

2) Japanese style memorial place














No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...