Sunday, July 14, 2013

OM-D after one year




It has been one year since I bought the Olympus OM-D Em-5. I have enjoyed using this camera more than any others I have used during the past few years. To me, it is a "complete" camera, for a person to enjoy photography. Till date, I have shot more than 10K shots. I used it for family outings, Church event shoots, Macro shoots and any other subjects. It is light and small, bringing it out is a no-brainier thing.The image quality is so good, I don't really worry when I tune the ISO to1600 and above. 

I have used Panasonic GF-1, GH1 and G1, Fuji X100, Olympus Ep-2,EPM-1. I have no negative views on OM-D than those earlier mentioned. 
Although there is a EP-5 out now with better spec than OM-D, I still find OM-D has the edge. It has a built in EVF where I do not need to worry if i I remember to put the external EVF in the bag. It is also weather-proof with my 1:1 60mm f2.8 macro.This is important as shooting macro is at outdoor. (putting the camera on wet grasses and slight rain etc)
The AF speed is very fast and the size is still small enough for my waist pouch.
It's EVF and 5-axis stabilizer made my old manual lens come alive. 

At times, I am still tempted to go for DSLR fullframe or even the Fujifilm new X camera (XEM-1 or XPro1), I still feel the  m4/3 system has more than I need to enjoy or to get the job done.

I am wondering what Olympus will design for the next generation of OM-D?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...