Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Classic One Hundred (X100)

I had a few months of encounter with the original X series of Fujifilm in 2011. I was then attracted by it's good looks which I described it as a modern camera dressed in a grandpa suit.  Most of the initial images were shared here http://www.pbase.com/jkhw73/x100. However after reviewing the images, I was very impressed by the output and low light performance in terms of high ISO.

It was and is still a niche camera. The 3rd generation X100T has many improvements but remains faithful to it's original roots- A fixed- lens with great manual direct controls, sharp and unique image output thru the fix lens 23mm . The fixed lens is a true asset built-in. As I already has a XE-2 with 3 lenses, I always wants either a 27mmf2.8 or a 23mmf1.4 to go as a "restricted" one lens one camera shoot to polish my vision and think before shoot style.

I sold it in early 2012 to get back to a interchangeable lens system. I went to the mirrorless m43 and then to the fullframe DSLR Nikon.  Until my DSLR was dead due to an accident in Gold coasthttp://orislight.blogspot.sg/2013/12/end-of-d600-of-fujifilm-xe-1.html

As the used price of the X100 went down  in SGP after people are busy upgrading to X100T and selling the X100s or X100, I decided to get back the X100. It is around the price of the 27mmf2.8 but with an body attached.:-)

The X100 images are special and it is really hard to put it in words:-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...