Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ona Bowery Bag- Bigger than it looks

I have been eyeing this cool looking bag for months and finally got it during a sale. I had a Thinktank Retrospective 5 bag. The retro 5 is a very practical, built for life quality and value for money camera bag for mirrorless. Lots of compartments are available within the small bag etc However I do not like it's "bulk" look when fully loaded and the Velcro noise it create while opening.

My main concern over this Ona bag is that it may be too small for my equipment. Although my setup is a mirrorless system from FujiFilm, I have a relatively big lens 55-200mmf3.5-4.8. I worried that this lens may not be suitable to be used in the bag. I tried to search for an answer in the web but there is no similar setup like mine using the Ona Bowery. Most users are using either prime lenses on this bag etc.

The below photos shows how much equipment I actually can put in it comfortably. I added a extra divider from my previous bags.

1) x100
2) XE2 with 12mm Zeiss
3) 55-200mm
4) Accessories (cable release, batteries, SD card, ND filter & extension Tube)

However, for this my usual photography style (less choice of lens forces me to be creative), I will either bring a X100 with XE2,55-200mm OR XE2 , 55-200mm and 12mm OR X100 with XE2,12mm. Seldom I will fully load the bag unless it is a long travel trip.

For it's pro and cons or comparison to other bags, I will not got into it as there are many review on this great looking and high quality bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...