Sunday, August 9, 2015

FujiFilm Xpro1 & XF1 on a Mission Trip

As the main goal of this trip is to bless the poor & needy from the neighboring country, lightweight and small set-up is necessary. So I brought the Fuji Xpro1 body and 2 lenses (35mmf1.4 and 12mm zeiss). The Fuji XF-1 (compact camera) was brought along as a back-up and can easily slot into one of the small pocket on the ONA bowery bag. With this setup, I can carry the bag the whole day without any sore shoulders.

The XF35mmf1.4, is a magical lens. The image output is simply stunning. 80% of the time, I had the 35mm stuck on the Xpro1. As I am used to the X100 , 23mmf2 view, the 35mm is kind of "tight" view to me. And as I have no other choice of a "normal" view lens, I got to get myself used to it. This lens got me thinking more and moving back & forth to compose the shot. 

The 12mm is used on some landscape shot and group shots. The aperture of f2.8 is useful here due to some indoor low light situation. 

One of the shot , showing the man climbing into a boat while his dog was watching, I love it and is made by the compact camera XF-1.

Here are some of the shots I have made during the trip, 

XF-1 , Man w his loyal companion

XPRO-1 w 35mm..window view

XPRO1 w 35mm

XPRO1 w 35mm

XPRO1 w 35mm

XPRO1 w 35mm- seafood traps

XPRO1 w 35mm- Preparing firewood

XPRO1 w 35mm- Friendly lady

XPRO1 w 35mm- preparing his line

XPRO1 w 35mm- drying fish

XPRO1 w 35mm

XPRO1 w 35mm- grinding for coconut 

XPRO1 w 12mm

XPRO1 w 12mm

Xpro1 w 12nmm
XF-1- Portrait (not bad for a compact camera) 

Xpro1 w 35mm

Xpro1 w 35mm- kids swimming just outside their home

Xpro1 w 35mm

Xpro1 w 35mm

Xpro1 w 35mm

Xpro1 w 35mm

Xpro1 w 12mm

Xpro1 w 12mm

Xpro1 w 12mm

XF-1 compact- clothes pecks...nice bokeh from a comapct

XF-1 wide angle setting

XF-1 compact

2 comments:

  1. All great shots....always interested in what you are doing with those FUJI....who knows, maybe one day I will sell everything and invest in that system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurent for your kind comments. . Other systems can still give v good results. Fuji system is something I "feel" for in terms of handling and image output. Hard to explain in words:-)

    ReplyDelete

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...