Friday, February 5, 2016

Singapore Chinatown quick shoot

I had short walkabout in the area of Chinatown today. The place is colorfully decorated with Lunar New Year theme. The Lunar New Year will be around the corner on Monday. I ended my work for the day and headed out to shoot with Xpro1 , 12mm and 35mmf1.4. The secret weapon is the Gorillapod focus tripod. Without it, some of the shots will not be possible. Here is the link on the Gorillapod-lflex-king-joby-gorillapod-focus

The small flexible tripod save the day. I placed it on the road, on railings on top of the building and took the shots fast. As the good lighting don't stay long and time is tight, it is essential to be familiar with your equipment. The Fuji X series, the main controls are the aperture ring on the lens, and changing iso is easy using the Q button. RAW image capture is now my usual setup. For low shutter speed shoots, I will always set the ISO at 200 and aperture F8-16 depending on how slow I want the speed to create light trails etc.

I also ensure my gears I bring out is kept minimum. 1 body with 2 lenses is about just right. Limiting myself with less choice makes me think harder for the angle shot and experimenting things which I learnt from using the X100 classic.

Here are some of the shots captured.

12mm mount on Gorilla Focus. Low level shot.

Climbed onto the 9th floor of the public housing to capture it. Gorillapod on the wall.

35mmf1.4 handheld

12mm. Gorilla pod on the wet dirty floor.

12mm w Xpro1 handheld

12mm handheld

35mmf1,4 w Xpro1 mounted on the rooftop (Gorillapod)

Friends. Xpro-1 w 35mm

35mmf1.4, dark corner 

35mmf1.4, Xpro-1 , Cardboards collector at Duxton road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...