Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bishan Otter Pups

Since the last few encounters of this otter family, the shooting opportunity is low due to the difficult environment they are at.

This time, I was lucky to see them again at the opposite end of Gardens by the Bay East.

Finding the otters is quite a challenge as they do not go to the same place every day. The places they explore daily are random. The areas they cover are from Bishan park down to Kallang/ Marina Bay area.

So for me to look for them, I will either carry my Fuji XT1 w 55-200mm lightweight setup which I kept into my small running backpack. I will do a morning jog or cycle around the Gardens by the bay around the Kallang basin to spot the otters. Many of times, I will not see them and take it as a morning exercise.

However, once they are spotted, it is always a joy to observe their ever interesting behaviour.

Fortunately, I came to know some Otters watchers at the route and share info with them too.

This time, managed to get better action and better environment shots. The little ones are really cute and expressive. The otters family is a close-knit family. All by Fuji Xt1 and 55-200mm.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...