Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Upgrades on E-pm1

In Singapore, the term we use to upgrade or modified something is called "Zheng". This past week, I "zheng" my lovely Olympus E-Pm1 Pen. I have been following the news of the up and coming OM_D EPM-5 from Olympus. Have been poisoned by the reviews and the looks of this new camera. So to distract myself, I add a shutter release button from Gariz and add a manual lens 7.5mm fisheye to my asernal.

The shutter do improved my handling of the camera. It's around $20 (SGD) and it uses a doube-sided sticky tape to hold on it. I used to have one when I have Ep-2, although it is hold together by tape, it is very durable.

As for the lens, I have read the reviews and decided to go ahead with this lens as I found it on a 2nd hand shop selling $350. After checking the condition, aperture blade and possible fungus growth, I decided to go ahead. My first impression of this lens is it fits nicely to the m4/3 camera and the metal finish looks great.The manual ring are smooth. It's doesn't feel cheap at all. Another impressive thing I found is the min focus distance is 0.09ft. Great for taking landscape where you need to focus on something very near in the foreground. The next days, I will try to find time to get good pictures from this lens.

Gariz shutter button (nice add-on)

My new 7.5mm fisheye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...