Thursday, September 13, 2012

Panasonic Leica DG 25mm f1.4 Summilux

This lens was released in 2011. It's one of the premium lens from the family of m4/3. I was still holding on to the legendary 20mm f1.7 from Panasonic then on my EPM-1.

With the release of OM-d, I made a painful decision to sell off the 20mmf1.7 to get the 25mm. Although I lost the pancake lens of 20mm, I got a capable lens which renders a nice contrast/colour and bokeh. The AF speed is very fast/silent compared to 20mm.It will be on my OM-D body mainly for outings and events. The 20mm on my OM-d is sluggish and I find that the purpose of having a high end new body with a older generation AF motor on 20mm makes no sense. Hope that Panasonic will come out a new generation 20mm.

Nevertheless, this 20mm pancake lens is to me still a legend and I will get it only if I got extra money. I do not believe in keeping equipment I seldom use. It still can render sharp and contrasty images and the main advantage is it's small size.

This m4/3 25mm is  far cheaper than it 4/3 last generation 25mm f1.4 Leica DG which I didn't bought it due to the price when I was having a Leica Digilux 3 (Panasonic L1) for a short period of time.

I also sold off the Samyang fisheye 7.5mm. I decided to keep the 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 weather sealed lens for its wide angle and weather seal capability.

So my system is  updated with 12-50mm Olympus (general purpose and outdoor lens), 25mm Panasonic Leica (for documentary, streets and low light), 45mm F1.8 Olympus ( portraits/low light street) and 45-200mm Panasonic (event, sport, nature) . I am covered 24mm-400mm in terms of 35mm format)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...