Tuesday, November 20, 2012

M39 Industar 55mm f2.8 new life with m4/3

As per the previous post of buying a Russian Rangefinder FED5B at a Junk shop, I search the internet for more info and realised this camera's lens is actually interchangeable. They are using the old M39 screw mount lens, same as  the old Leica mount (before the famous M mount).

After "unscrewing" the lens from the rangerfinder, I thought that it will be a good idea to be able to mount onto the new bodies like the m4/3. As these new breed of cameras do not have a mirror, the flange-distance is shorter thus with a adapter, we can acutally mount virtually all lens available on earth.

Found from Ebay a m39 to m4/3 adapter costing only $8. I mount it to OM-D and the GF-1.
GF-1 Still a looker and control are design for photographer to operate with one hand  after 4 years. Her worthy successor is GX1 not Gf2 or GF3.

This GF-1 is a re-purchase as I still like it controls and design. It was my first M4/3 camera in 2008. That time I got the silver verison. Now GF-1 is selling as cheap as $200 (second hand). A worthwhile buy as a backup camera.
Shot by GF-1 and Industar 55mm f2.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...