Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Manual focus with Nikkor 85mm f1.8

This 1977 lens was adapted to my Olympus OM-D recently. I soon find it that it is one of my favorite lens.  Although I find the manual focus may be slower, but with practice, it seems  to be able to capture the moments as per auto focus too. I uses the 2x magnifier or the 5x manual focus assist on the OM-D.

Due to the 85mm(170mm in 35mm for m4/3) focal length and wide aperture, the images it produce is quite outstanding. It is longer than my 45mm or 60mm.  I love fixed-focal length as it force me to see my objects as per the lens character.



100% crop from the above. Shot at wide open








No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...