Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend shoot with Olympus Ep-1

During the long weekend of Easter, I went to an offshore island in Singapore called St John Island. The ferry took about 20mins from the new Marina South Pier. As it is a public holiday, there was a significant crowd.
There is not much to do in the island and that's the beauty. We had a simple picnic and we think hard to play with the kids. In our so called busy life style in Singapore, we always busy with kids enrichment, work, TV, Ipad and Handphone. Going to a simple island like St John is a good break. We have good bonding session with our kids too.

The next morning, I also went to the Sembawang park to shoot some sunrise shots with one of my church friend who love Landscape shooting.

The equipment used was Olympus Ep-1 and the new 17mm F1.8 and the super wide 9-18mm.
The new 17mmf1.8 was bought to replace the Fuji 35mmf1.4. I personally preferred a (m43/ 17mm with is 35mm equivalent focal length rather the 52mm equivalent on the fuji 35mm lens) The 50mm focal length in fullframe term seems too tight for me in most situations.

In comparison with the 35mm Fuji X lens and the 17mm Olympus, I found that the AF on the latter is much smoother and positive thus giving me more joy and confidence. If I were to upgrade the EP-1 in the future back to a Ep-5 or OM-d, it will be much more faster in AF. But for now the EP-1 is good enough for me.

I really don't know why I still prefer Olympus Pen (m4/3) more than the Fuji X system. In term on image quality, although the Fuji wins hands down in terms of noise in high ISO. I still find my Pen more appealing in terms of simple handling and colours.

Here are some photos.



Exploring the island


Old sampang (boat) 

Abandon House in St John 

One of the many cats in St John

Hilly contours in St John

Sunrise in Sembawang





No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...