Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Film Slides

I have recently gotten the film bug again. It was almost 15 years ago when I was serious with film photography. Those days, I shoot with slides film like the Velvia 50 and Provia 100 from FujiFilm.

Spent a good amount of dollars developing and mounting the slides. I have even a 2nd hand projector for the slides too.

It is quite irony to see the latest digital cameras are made to look and feel like the old SLR film or Rangefinder. We have inbuilt camera software to make the images to be "film-like" and also companies are selling software to make your digital file to be imperfect.

Recently I have online purchase a used Olympus OM1N film SLR from Ebay and a bulk of negative film from B&H and is getting ready to re-enter the film photography (slowly). Currently I have only a very old FED5 russia rangefinder for film photography.

Although nowadays, the digital files I can say is almost perfect. Great details, No grain , great shadow recovery, good HDR, easy to edit software etc. Somehow, I would like to see the memory captured into a film which is special and to see some imperfection. As my daughter & I were viewing the color slides thru a scope and light table, we would somehow felt the images are very real life.


I decided to digitize some of the colors slides by shooting into my Xpro-1 with 35mm using the light table as the light source.

Here are some of the old images from Bali & Sri Lanka before my kids were born. All shot with Minolta SLR like Dynax800 or Dynax 600.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...