Tuesday, May 17, 2016

FujiFilm Arcos 100 (35mm film)

I had my roll of  Arcos Black and white film developed thru a mail-in service by Triple D. All I have to do is to mail the roll of film to them and 3 days later I received the developed film and scanned CD by mail. It is so convenient.

Every time, I see the developed film, the same magic feeling comes. Some images I thought will turn out bad, seems to be surprising good. The grain, highlights and some imperfection in the film give a refreshing feel. The digital files nowadays are too sharp, too detail and too perfect.

Although the developed film only hold 36 frames, each frame means alot to me as it is well thought before the shutter is clicked. The camera used is the Russia FED5 mechanical rangefinder. The viewfinder focusing is quite hard to see and I am happy that 90% of the shots stay focus. The metering is all by guessing. I used the traditional sunny 16 rules to estimate the exposure.









My FED5 russia rangefinder resting at a tradiitonal cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...