Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Melaka 2016

The last time I was there was last year June. That time, I was carrying X100 classic and Fuji Xe2 with 12mm & 55-200mm. Last year's trip, I was staying very near to the old town. This year, my family chose to stay near the shopping belt area. Nevertheless, we still find time to visit the old Jonker walk area where it is the best place to do some photography.

This time, I was carrying a XT1, 35mm f1.4 and 12mm Zeiss. Keeping things simpler and 90% of the time, I was using the 35mm which is equivalent to a 50mm on a "fullframe" sensor. I come to love this focal length although I am used to a X100 or a 23mmf2 equivalent to a 35mm. The Fuji 35mmf1.4 can give a "3D" or better subject separation. But as the view is tighter, I need to think more on the composition etc.

The Fuji 35mm is great for everyday use in my opinion. It's a low light lens too, it can shoot in the dark alleys with good results too.

The film simulation used is Classic Chrome.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...