Saturday, March 23, 2013

Changi Boardwalk Landscape

This location is well know by the fishing hobbyists and photographers. It is one of the last frontier in Singapore with nice scenery.

I do come here often but to get the nice light at right place was not easy. This time round I do feel the timing is good. All are shot with OM-D and 14mm Panasonic. Tripod is used as support for long exposure.

One lesson learn from this shooting session is that I was not totally prepared and was rushing to get the right angle after reaching the site. There was a moment in the middle of action that I realised my camera was not secured properly onto the tripod head. Thank God I realised it and correct it fast, if not I may need to buy another camera. As it was dark then it is important to check the tripod head and camera mounting. If not my OM-D and lens may drop into the seawater.

Also the shots were done at ISO1000 which was a mistake too, I remember setting it at ISO200 at home as I prefer long exposure to blur the sea waves. While shooting anxiously, I also forgot to check again. Neverthelss most of the shot were at 4seconds at F22 aperture with the help of the ND filter. The best light only last 10-15mins so I tend to be anxious.

Be prepared in advance and practice is the safest!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...