Friday, March 1, 2013

Landscape in East Coast Park

During the weekdays, after fetching my daugther to school around 715am, I will detour to east coast park for a 30min run. I do enjoy the run as it was along the stretch of east coast beach. As many agreed, our shores are packed with ships from all over the world. To shoot a nice landscape is not easy. It was during one of the run, I spotted a falled tree ran ashore on the seaside, and I saw an opportunity to use it as a foreground during the sunrise. As sunrise is around 645am, I need to plan a trip specially for the shoot.

So came along saturday, I packed a 14mm and OM-D and start to make my way to the location. Luckily it was a low tide at that time, I set up my tripod on the water edge and started to shoot. ND filter was used.

Photography usually requires planning before execution. Timing is important to ensure the lighting is dramatic. For the same scene if shoot on mid-day, there will be not much impact.
My OMD with 14mm

Final image f22 , 5s with ND8

1 comment:

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...