Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jusino TK-255 + BT-02 ballhead

I am one who is brand conscious. I stand by Gitzo and Manfrotto brands when it comes to tripod. I used to believe since I have a few grand of camera equipment, I should not save on tripod. A sturdy one is important to protect my expensive equipment.

However, due to the need of having a small setup and a need to bring it to overseas, I came across this Jusino, a China Brand. I have heard of Benro from China looking very similar to Gitzo products. But they are the same as Gitzo, large and bulky. 

I bought this Jusino from a local shop who brought in this product. I understand there is a similar product in the name of Sirui which was market by another shop in Funan Centre (I personally do not like that shop due to being over-quote on other products).

This Jusino tripod has 5 -sections, extending it takes more effort than a normal 3 or 2 sections types. But due to it can collapsed to a small size, this is unavoidable The ballhead is easy to use and the fiction or tightening and loosening is smooth and I feel the quality is similar to the ArcaSwiss brand I used during my birding days. 

The ballhead comes with a quick release plate and there is a safety catch built-in. I am kind of impressed by this added feature.

One of the legs can be removed and used as a mono-pod too. A good innovation.

The best of all, it is half the length of my Manfrotto 290 when both are collapsed. I will be using it extensively during my Australia trip. 

 1) BT-02 Ballhead (able to hold my D600 and 200mmf4 lens)
 2) The centre column can be replaced by a shorter column which is provided to use it at a low profile.
 3) The transformer- Can be a mono-pod with 1 min setup
 4) The smallest size setup for transporting and easy packing. Come with a nice carrying case.
5) Real life use for my time lapse photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...