Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Olympus E-p1 (2013)

This is the first M4/3 from Olympus back in 2009. During that time I favor the Panasonic GF1 instead due to the packaged 20mmf1.7 superb lens it come with.
Fast forward to 2013, with the launched of EP-5 the 4th model for the Pen flagship, this E-P1 is a bargain in the used market. I found one in a great condition selling at SGD$150 (body and kit lens) and bought it immediately. I used to have the very best of the m4/3 OM-D EM-5 and recently has given up for the FF Nikon D600.

My main purpose of this E-p1 is act as a back up for my coming Australia trip. I know  what to expect when carrying a DSLR for dinner and casual walks/ shopping, I will prefer to keep the D600 and lens in the room and bring a smaller set-up in my waist pouch during the relaxing time. When I sold my EM-5 OMD setup few months ago, I secretly kept the screw mount adaptors and the Nikon F mount adapter to m4\3 as I still secretly love the m4/3 camera and may one day be buying the out-dated models like this superb e-p1 to adapt the Nikon lens and 1 old screw-mount Russia lens (see the below photo) Will I use it more than my D600? I will test it in Australia soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...