Friday, June 19, 2015

Going back to the same place to shoot- Changi Sunrise

There are some good locations for sunrise and sunset shoots in Singapore. After going there for the first time, I will always go there again if time permits. This is because the lighting, the sea tide and weather are important elements that will affect your final image output. The foreground elements can be different too. Each shoot has always yield a different output.

I have been to this Changi Point area for many times. There were times, when there is no sunrise as the sky got too cloudy. There were times,  I was late and missed the golden hour. There were times, when weather was good, the tide was too high. There were times, every element was there but I didn't compose my shot well.

Just like life, photography is a journey or process. I have enjoy the planning, the driving to the quiet place in the early hours, and enjoy the drive to the place. The traffic was smooth and listening to the radio while driving was a way to relax my mind.

Once there, I will walk around to find a point of interest and setup in the dark. Getting to know your equipment well is very important. The last thing to do is to waste time finding the controls.

This time, the shoot at the same location, I would say is one of the best. Will there be another better images in the future? I believe there is. The best is yet to come.
All taken by Fuji XE2, 55-200mm, 12mm zeiss and X100.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...