Sunday, December 25, 2011

Advantages of X100 and EPM-1


Ok. Here it goes again. Comparing cameras again. Btw, there are lots of sites comparing m4/3 to x100. And to me, I will not want to compare but to see each of their own strength.

In summary, X100 is a piece of beautiful machine made for photographers who are sick of the high tech and complication of DSLR or mirrorless interchangable system. It's retaught me to appreciate why 35mm focal length can tell story and avoid looking into new lens. It was made me work harder and think harder before I click the shutter. However once capture the image, the output is usually "Wow". The image is smooth even at ISO2000 and colours bring me back to the slide film days.

For EPM-1 from Olympus, it is a little system that tells me.." OK, it's time to dump all my DSLR stuff". Previously, GF-1, EP-2 didn't really replace my DSLR. With Olympus and Panasonic input of new and fast lens in 2011and with the new AF system on the Pen (EP-3,EPL_3 and EMP_1), it's so fast and positive , I think it has surpass many expectations.

Is M4/3 the way to go for the future? I think yes. They are the most balance system for mirrorless compared to other brands like Sony/Samsung(Using 1.5x sensor). For NIkon and Pentax, they are using much smaller sensor than m4/3.  I believe the reason they are using smaller sensor is that they hope these mirrorless sales will not kill their own DSLR sales.

It's because of the size of m4/3 standard, that's the reason why the lens (especially the zooms) can  be reduced in size. Look at the zooms from Sony and samsung..do they seem like DSLR lens? Big and ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...