Friday, December 30, 2011

The return of 20mm and new 45mm

During the launch of Panasonic GF-1 back in late 2009, I bought it due to the package of standard kit lens and the amazing 20mm f1.7 lens. I enjoyed it and saw the value and sharpness of it. I sold it the whole set due to the quest to explore on Olympus DSLR E-30. However, after Olympus came out the 45mm lens and the new range of Pens cameras like the EP-3 and EPM-1, I finally got the 20mm f1.7 again after buying the Pen mini EPM-1. Adding to the arsenal is the 45mm f1.8 from Olympus. With this setup, I have 2 bright and sharp lens. With this setup, I have to say farwell to my beloved X100 fujifilm too as having a 20mm lens (40mm equivalent) is equivalent to the X100 35mm focal length. I enjoyed the use of 20mm again and found how easy it is to create nice pleasing images than the standard kit lens.

The photos below show the bokeh and the usefulness for indoor shots with available light photography.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...