Friday, December 23, 2011

Olympus Pen EPM-1

Oh no. I still cannot resisit the temptation. After holding for almost one year, I finally buy this little camera. Since Olympus has add on the Dramatic Art filter into the EpL-2 Pen, I have been tempted.
So when Olympus this year launch the Ep-3, EPL-3 and EPM-1, I got the "lower" spec EPM-1 to compliment my X100. Please do not mistook this "lower" end EPM-1. It has the same sensor as the EP-3 and the AF speed is one BIG leap. Much faster than the older models of PEN and even the DSLRs.
And amazingly, the price is so affordable. I got this body with the kit lens 14-42mmMSRII plus  the new EVF VF-3 for only SGD$830. With its lightning AF speed and 4.1 Fps, finally, I can say it has replaced my E-30 DSLR.DSLRs are huge, heavy and "ugly" I still wonder why hobbists are still using them. For Pros, I beileve there are some application, DSLR are still one level up. If not, why are people still hanging DSLR on their neck for walk around and leisure shoot?

Here are some of the photos I took from this camera. Please note the controls are not as direct accessable as this camera is targetted to beginner and point-shoot upgraders. Nevertheless, it is packed with "pro" features.

So slick and small. Just love the design.

AF is so postive. Using Art filter "Pop Art"


Dramatic Art Filter. This art filter is a hit for Olympus.


1 comment:

  1. That little camera is really impressive but all in all needs a photographer with great passion to direct these shots.. Looking forward for more...

    ReplyDelete

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...