Friday, December 25, 2015

A morning shoot at Labrador Park

After Christmas, I decided to explore the Labrador park at the south end of Singapore. Hoping to get a sunrise shot, I packed my 12mm and 55-200mm for the outing.

Waking up at 5am, I usually had a cup of cofffee before I make my trip there. Reaching the area 30mins earlier before the first light is important. Looking out for interesting angle and direction of sunrise are crucial too. Knowing your equipment is also important as you do not want to waste time struggling to setup your tripod and equipment in the dark.

For sunrise or sunset, I will also set the camera to RAW mode, iso200 or 100. I usually do a this the night before. Aperture setting is always between f8-f16. Exposure is usually 60sec to 30secs depending on the light and it changes very fast within the 10 mins after first light.

After the sunrise, I drove down to a nearby Hort park (around 1km) from the Labrador park to try on some macro subjects. I use the 55-200mm with 8mm tube. I didn't try extreme close-up as I forgot to bring the Raynox 250 and the 12mm tube.

The session ended around 830am as the light become to strong and I head for a simple breakfast (coffee and toast) before going home to spend time with kids and wife.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...