Friday, December 4, 2015

My simple Landscape setup

For my landscape photography, I will make everything as simple as possible. I will have a tripod, mechanical release shutter cable for my Xpro-1 (only option as Xpro-1 do not have a electric link to shutter), B+W ND 6stops screw-in filter 67mm for my Zeiss 12mm. Note that I have "black taped" the wordings on the lens as there are times the wording was captured by the sensor due to the interior reflection of the filter.


I will focus on the composition of the shots and moving around. I am not the type that keep adjusting the setting or switching filters. I prefer to get a good perceptive and catching the light and moment.

There is a shot of this below reflection of the water, if i didn't capture that moment of stillness, the opportunity will be lost as after that shot, a canoe went pass and the sharp reflection of the shot was gone.
 

I would minimized using filters as some of the filter may cause the colour to be off. If light is low, I will use the bulb mode of the XPro-1, squeeze and hold the mechanical release.

I will shoot RAW only for landscape and the rest in Jpeg.

After shooting, I will process the images in Lightroom 5. The usual adjustment, will be reducing highlights and increasing shadows. Increase Saturation, sharpness and horizon leveling. After that I will export out and share.
 
For Lightroom5 , I will also use the grad ND function to adjust the images especially sunset and sunrise shots due to the differences in stops on the ground and sky.

Here are more of the day shot around the same area.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...