Friday, December 18, 2015

Phuket trip Thailand- Xpro1 and XF1

This is a sea activities island and a great place for family bonding. Keeping things simple and light, I brought the Xpro-1 and 35mmf1.4 plus the compact XF1.

My family stayed in the MovenPick resort at Karon beach. The staff from this resort are very friendly and the service is top notch. There are 4 swimming pools to choose from and the distance from the beach is just across a 2-lane road. Food and foot massage places are easily accessible and is not over crowding. This beach area is much suitable for family compared to the Patong beach which we were there in 2013. Movenpick was our second stay and the last time we were there was in 2011. That time, my kids are still very young and I was carrying my X100 classic. Those time, the pictures from the X100 still remain in my mind. It is by far the best compact camera I had.

This time, as I was carrying the Xpro-1 and 35mm, it does feel much bulkier. A 27mm on the Xpro-1 should be a better choice. I put all my stuff in the small Ona Bowery and is good to go.
The XF1 was mainly used in the sea activities as if there is any "accident" that can cause damage to photo equipment, the XF1 is much cheaper. This compact has a 2/3" size sensor and is a respectable size compared to the other compact like LX7, canon G12 etc.

We booked a day tour to the off-shore islands which includes snookering and sea Kayaking to the caves.


Here are the shots from XF1 compact










Here are shots by Xpro-1 and 35mm. The low light monster.























The XF1 compact is great for outdoors and good light situations. The Xpro-1 w 35mmf1.4 is great from street night shoots and low light situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...