Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tokina 100mm f2.8 with D600

After building my Fullframe setup, I finally have some time for some serious macro shoot. I have in mind due to the higher depth of field in fullframe (FF) sensor, I need to stop down more on the aperture to get more depths in focus. When using m4/3 due to the small sensor, I can use f5.6 to f8 to get a decent depth for macro. But using a FF camera a f11 to f16 is required. However due to the better dynamic range and better ISO (high) I am able to compensate the disadvantage.
There is also a "cheat" way to get bigger magnification by using the DX mode of D600. The 100mm will become a 150mmf2.8 lens at 10 Mega Pix resolution. A 10MP sensor is almost the same as the older D200 Dx DSLR. But I still prefer to use the FF sensor to max out the resolution.
 Handling the 100mm tokina is fairly easier than the Olympus 60mm. The 1:1 ratio can be switch immediately whereas the 60mm Olympus, you will need to turn and hold the knob on the lesn.
The switching of auto focus and manual focus is just pull-push the focus barrel. The weight is great for hand hold too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olympus Em-1 Mark 2 , 7-14mm f2.8 & Sony RX100vi

] In recent months, I have sold the Em-1 mark1 and Lumix G95 body to revamp the equipment setup. The Lumix 12-35mm f2,8 was also sold as it ...